Monday, April 6, 2015

Scamming and Solving

Three years ago, my best friend and I were planning to go to the beach and we decided we should get a base tan before we go. We were new to Huntington, and wasn't sure of the best places with the best prices. We looked up tanning salons online and found one that seemed decent with good prices.

My friend and I went to Sun Tan City, and we both got tanning packages, but my friend spent a little more money than I did. I paid $35 for a month of tanning, but my friend spent almost over $400 on a tanning package.

I am not easy to fool, but my friend is. The problem was caused by both sides, my friend should have had more common sense, and the Sun Tan City employees should have never overcharged a college student that much money. But the main problem was after my friend asked to get the package cancelled, they kept putting it off, and she never got any of her money back.

The first thing I would do would be to contact the Attorney General, as well as the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Then I would call Sun Tan City's corporate office and file a complaint. These steps would be my first course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment